We are seeking a Network Engineer to for our Managed IT Services consulting business. This person needs to have a combination of experiences with small & mid-sized businesses alike. We are looking for a take-charge, hands-on individual with the capacity to be a leader in our growing organization.
Responsibilities include the design, implementation, troubleshooting, and maintenance of networks, and providing direction to fellow members of our staff. This position can NOT be done remotely.
- Perform client/server architecture assessments
- Design and build client/server networks from start to finish
- Perform desktop/server migrations and upgrades
- Daily troubleshooting of client networks including servers, workstations, firewalls, switches, network devices, etc.
- Assist in the development of client security strategies and architectures
- 5+ years of Microsoft-based multi-tiered client/server architectures, and security design & analysis with small to mid-sized businesses
- 5+ years of operational experience with WAN, LAN, wireless, storage, and VPN
- 5+ years of hands-on network expertise in firewalls, routers, VLANs
- Working knowledge of IP, TCP, FTP, IMAP, POP3, SMTP, SNMP, SSL, HTTP, DNS, DHCP, Active Directory
- Deployment and migration experience with the Microsoft products: Exchange Server, Terminal Services, Windows Server
- Experience with power, data, and voice redundancy, backup & disaster recovery via tape, disk, or appliance.
- Experience with a similar Managed Service Provider (MSP), or a company providing outsourced IT services to small and mid-sized businesses is STRONGLY preferred
- Experience with PSA tools is STRONGLY preferred (i.e. ConnectWise, AutoTask)
- Experience with RMMA tools is STRONGLY preferred (i.e. LabTech, Level Platforms, Kaseya, N-Able)
- B.A. or B.S. college degree
- Consistently manage and resolve all client support requests in a timely and successful manner
- Ability to represent the organization with a professional approach and manner at onsite engagements
- Ability to interact effectively with both technical and non-technical personnel
- Ability to self-manage, prioritize, operate independently with little supervision, and build relationships
- Has excellent project management skills, high level of personal organization, and prioritization skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with team members, management and customers
- A strong ability to multitask, own and execute, and follow through on all technical and business issues
US Citizen, Green Card holders, and local candidates only need apply. No third parties please. This is a salaried position with benefits. For immediate consideration, qualified candidates interested in joining our professional team should send resume and salary requirements.
Our company is a Step Up participating employer, therefore the ideal candidate would meet the job and Step Up qualifications (log onto www.StepCt.com for eligibility criteria).
Interested in this position? Click here to send us an email. Be sure to attach your resume and any other pertinent materials.